“By 2020, progressive web apps will have replaced 50% of general-purpose, consumer-facing mobile app”
IN A WORLD WHERE OVER 60% OF TRAFFIC IS GENERATED BY MOBILE DEVICES, PROGRESSIVE WEB APPS ARE A QUICK-WIN SOLUTION TO REACH AND ENGAGE THE RAPIDLY GROWING NUMBER OF MOBILE USERS BY PROVIDING A TOP-NOTCH USER EXPERIENCE.
What is Progressive Web App?
Progressive Web Apps are a new standard introduced by Google and strongly promoted by all major players like Microsoft and Apple. It combines the best features offered by modern browsers with the benefits of native mobile applications, leading to a significant increase in revenue.
Why is a PWA great for your site?
Users browsing websites built as Progressive Web Apps adore them as they experience their extreme page loading speed, even in uncertain network conditions, their readiness to work in offline mode and an engaging app-like feeling.
For business, it is only the starting point. Apart from the already mentioned mobile-first and user-friendly approach, adding a PWA to your site will:
- Win the Google rankings according to mobile-first indexing, PWAs are ranked higher, even when used on desktop
- Accelerate your development process you build your PWA once and use it as a mobile site, desktop site, mobile app and other
- Improve user acquisition PWAs decrease the cost of user acquisition (CAC) as they can be downloaded directly from your site
- Increase conversion rate a PWA usually loads in 2-3 seconds, has a decreased bounce rate and instantly engages users
Top 5 PWA features and benefits
Build once, run on any device. Save on development of your online store and mobile apps
Why PWA solution is the best choice for eCommerce?
For a business focused on eCommerce, a PWA can be one of the fastest ways to close the so-called "Mobile Gap". This phenomenon takes the form of the discrepancy between high engagement and low conversion rates on mobile compared to desktop (conversion rates on desktop can be as high as 49%).
By developing a PWA within your eCommerce, you can:
- Improve product discovery with a PWA users can browse your products quickly and proceed with the purchase even in offline mode
- Improve mobile campaigns with a PWA you can seamlessly convert users from social media traffic
- Secure the site in the traffic peaks thanks to caching, a PWA prevents crashes and slow downs during intense traffic like Black Friday
- ROI positive in 4 month with a PWA your investment starts to bring
- Increase marketing ROI with a PWA you can create a consistent user experience on multiple touchpoints
- Build seamless purchase path your user won't notice when he enters an area without connectivity
What Divante experts can do for you?
Whenever you are ready to implement a PWA or wish to test it out, our eCommerce experts will help you get through the entire process - from gathering requirements to going live.
proof of concept
design & development
secure data migration
secure PWA launch
Dominika SadkowskaStaples Solutions, Senior IT Project Manager
In a short period of time, we added a PWA, delivered tangible results in the application and infrastructure areas, having in mind agile values and DevOps best practices. Apart from that, we all had fun
Estera DugulanVendic, Online Marketing Consultant
If we compare the development cost of a traditional Magento 2 webshop with the PWA demo, it would be 3 times faster to develop. Also, the page speed is insanely fast and it looks like Google is really liking it. We experienced that our pages and blogs are indexed really high in the SEO results (top 3) after one week of publishing a page or blog.
Gabriele Conti TagualiMalianta
Working with Vue Storefront was like being one of the first men on Mars. Every day was exciting because we could really feel we were implementing something powerful and brand new.